Tuesday, September 27, 2016

9/26 Rainy Days are the Best Days

        It has been such an awesome week! It flew by so fast, and so many things happened!  We are actually up in Dubois again, because I had a free haircut and we wanted to spend a P-Day up here in the beautiful mountains!  I honestly love it here! Wyoming is really pretty, once you get past the flat areas......  Our apartment was getting really old, so we got a bunch of stuff from a thrift store, and church pictures and decorated a bit.  It feels a lot more like home now!  I'll send some pics.

       Anyways, this past Tuesday Elder Ma'ake had to do his last set of exchanges with some Elders in Lander.  So Elder Ma'ake went to Lander with Elder O'Driscoll, and I had Elder Griffin come to Riverton.  We had a books schedule for the night.  We went to Chopstix for dinner with Brother and Sister Rhue, and he shared his testimony with us about how if the missionaries and God weren't in his life, then he would probably not be here today.  He has had a lot of problems with PTSD from his time served in Desert Storm.  So he said that the least he can do is take us missionaries out to eat just to pay back a little bit of what he has received.  It was nice to hear that as missionaries, we are doing so much good!  What a calling!  These are the ways I want to effect people in all the areas that I serve throughout my mission.  

        Later that night we visited with Dave Meserve.  A little about Dave, is that we are his 8th set of missionaries who have taught him.  He has been building little by little.  We talked about baptism, and the baptismal interview questions.  I asked if he would like to be baptized on the 22nd of October, he said yes! Haha with an exception, he wants his son to baptize him, and his son has an elk tag that he has to fill before he could come down to baptize Dave.  Typical Wyoming..... everyone is gone on the weekends hunting, so it's been kind of tough to get investigators to church.  Anyways, I hope I stay another transfer to see his baptism!  

        We had Zone Meeting this week in Casper.  It was an alright meeting, the Zone Leaders tried to get the rowdy missionaries under control, but they couldn't really.  Overall it was good material that they taught, echoing what Elder C.Scott Grow said to us at mission tour, and it was awesome to refresh on his words.  It was another big drive in the squished transfer van.  After we got back from the Zone Meeting, the sisters needed help giving Blessings on the Res, so we went and spent all night teaching and we gave two Blessings.  The first blessing was to a native sister that is sick, I don't know what with, but she has faith to get better.  So we kind of explained what Blessings were, and helped her understand a little more about them.  She wanted Elder Ma'ake to give her the blessing.  So I anointed the oil, and he administered the blessing.   I just want to bear testimony that the priesthood power is real.  As soon as we placed our hands on her head, I could feel the Spirit so strongly.  I could literally feel the priesthood power coursing though my veins.  I love that feeling so much!  So we also gave a man a blessing too.  As soon as we placed our hands on his head, I had the same experience!  Feeling the Spirit that strongly and having that desire to grow, makes me want to strive to become fully-converted, and I know that if you strive to grow and become fully-converted, God will help you with all He has! I've seen it! 

         We have a really promising investigator that Elder Ma'ake and I are going to teach tonight.  I think I've mentioned him before, but his name is Randy.  We ran into Randy my first day in the mission field, and my first time tracting.  He is a Cop for Riverton, and when we first met him we taught him about the first vision on his doorstep while he was unstrapping his bulletproof vest and taking his gun off.  It was a bit intimidating, but we weren't scared.  We asked if he thinks that a boy seeing God would be crazy, and he said "not at all, if he had faith why not?"  Nobody answers that way! We have been trying to schedule an appointment to come and teach him, but he has been going through police training.  Now he is done! We went to his house a couple days ago, and made an appointment with him and his wife for tonight.  I am way excited to teach him, I can't wait!  I know that he is ready to receive this Gospel.  

       Last Thursday, Friday, and Saturday it rained so much! Which was nice, but a bit on the colder side.  On Saturday, we went Blitz finding with the Aspen Park elders again, in the downpour of rain!  It was awesome, some people swore at us, yelled, told us to get lost, but at least it was a nice rainy day!  People say they hate walking in the rain, I love it! So Elder McFadden and I had little success, but we did find a member who just moved in from Henderson, AZ.  So we are going to go back and see if she is active and tell her when our ward meets on Sundays.  

        Well overall it's been a really good week!  I challenge all who read my email, to prepare for General Conference this upcoming week by having at least 3 questions in mind.  Everyone has questions! So I challenge you all to have at least 3, and if you pay attention in Conference, they will be answered.  It may not be immediately, but if you strive to know the truth, the Lord will help you and give you that understanding.  I love this Gospel with all my heart!  I love missionary work, and I love our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ!  Have a fantastic week! 


Love, 

 

Elder Bailey


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment