Wednesday, March 15, 2017

3/13/17 | Chad's on date to be Baptized!

This week was so crazy!  I honestly don't know where to start.
We had our interviews with President McMurray this week, and we heard
some sad news...... he told Elder Kimball and I that we were
definitely going to get split up next transfer to help some other
missionaries out.  It was really hard to hear this news, but I'm so
grateful for the time I've had with him.  We have become such amazing
friends, and we've done so much good in our area.  It's going to be
hard to leave Elder Kimball, but I know that if President needs us to
help out other missionaries in the mission who are struggling, I'm up
for the job.  We find out next Saturday if we are being moved or not,
so make sure not to send anything because I might be leaving!  This
last week Elder Kimball and I will have together will be one of the
best in my mission, guaranteed!
        We met up with Chad this week quite a bit, and had an amazing
lesson with him this past Wednesday.  We taught him the Restoration,
and showed him the new "Ask of God" Restoration video on LDS.org.  The
lesson went so well, and as we started to talk about Baptism, Chad
asked us a question.  He asked, "Then does that mean my Baptism wasn't
valid?"  The day earlier we had just watched one of the District
videos in 12-week training that showed what not to say when someone
asks that question, and we role-played how we would answer in that
situation.  We knew exactly what to say!  We explained that Heavenly
Father was so grateful and proud that he had made that choice to come
closer to Christ, but that his Baptism was lacking the sacred
covenants we make with our Heavenly Father.  He totally understood as
we explained about how having the Priesthood Authority from God is
essential to being Baptized as Jesus Christ was Baptized.  We asked
him if he would follow the example of Jesus Christ, and be baptized on
April 8th by someone holding the Priesthood Authority from God.  He
was a little hesitant, but asked if we could pray about it right
there, so we did.  After the prayer, we sat there in silence for what
seemed like 5-10 minutes.  He finally popped his head up and said, "I
feel good about it."  We were so excited!  We invited him to come to
church this past Sunday, and he said he would.  On Sunday we called
him to wake him up, but after about three times we got a little
worried.  We said a prayer that he would wake up and want to answer
his phone, and the next time we called he answered!  We talked to him
for about 15 minutes, and finally got him to come.  We brought Chad a
bagel to his apartment, and waited for him.  He came out, followed us
over to church, and stayed for all three hours!  There were so many
people who came up to meet him, and he felt so welcomed!  Elder
Kimball and I were so happy to see the outcome of our hard work, it is
honestly the best feeling to see someone progressing and coming closer
to Jesus Christ!  I can't wait to see how Chad progresses over the
next few weeks (if I'm still here hopefully!).
        Elder Kimball and I had wonderful experiences Tracting this
week as well!  On Tuesday we Tracted with no success, until the last
house we knocked on.  A Hispanic woman named Ana opened the door and
we explained who we were, and what we teach about.  We noticed that
she had a million little kids running around, so we explained about
the Book Of Mormon and asked if there was a time we could come back to
teach her how families can be together forever.  She accepted a Book
Of Mormon and told us to come back next week.  I can't wait to see
what happens with this family!  Later in the week we had a weird
experience with a man who opened his door.  He knew who we were, and
started joking with us and asked us if we came to Colorado for the
"dankies", we assured him that we hadn't come for that..... but that
we were here to teach people about Jesus Christ and the Book Of
Mormon!  Just as we said that, he for a phone call for work and said
to come back anytime, so of course we did!  The next day we came back
to a different man on the front porch.  We got talking with the new
guy, and the dankies man came out too!  Dankies man wasn't really
interested, but the new guy we met was pretty interested!  His name is
Tyler, and he invited us inside to talk.  He gave us waters (mine was
orange flavored, honestly the best water I've had in my life!) and we
talked for about 45 minutes.  We asked him if he knew his purpose here
on earth, he told us he didn't, and we got to explain a little why we
were sent here onto earth.  We asked if there was a time we could come
back and talk a little more about what we believe, and he said he was
busy most days, but to text him on Sunday's to see if he was open!
This was honestly the first real success that Elder Kimball and I have
seen while Tracting.  I know that if we do put forth the effort,
Heavenly Father puts those elect people in our paths to help them come
closer to their Savior, Jesus Christ.  I am honestly starting to love
Tracting, you literally never know what you're going to get!
         We had the opportunity to help two people move this Saturday,
and that was good!  The first move was pretty gross!  We helped them
load up everything in their unorganized garage, and found some mice
nests but no biggie.  The second move was with our Ward Mission
Leader, Brother Mitchell, and that it went great!  It was all
organized and way easier than the first.  We didn't think much of it,
but during fast and testimony meeting yesterday, Brother Mitchell got
up and started crying when he bore his testimony.  He said how much he
appreciated us missionaries in the ward, and he was so grateful for
our help.  He told the Ward that if there was anyone that they thought
needed the Gospel, to have them call us because we were amazing!  It
was such a confidence booster for Elder Kimball and I to know that we
are doing things right out here in the mission field!
         This week I was studying in Alma again about Helaman's 2,000
Stripling Warriors.  I really loved in Alma 56:44-48, when it says how
much courage they put forth to fight the strongest army of the
Lamanites, and how they did not doubt what their mothers taught them.
I applied this to my life, and how much of an example you are to me
Mom!  All growing up I knew you knew this Gospel was true, and you and
Dad helped me gain such a strong testimony on my own, and I am so
grateful for that!  I know that as you all look towards the best
examples in your life, your parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts,
friends, you will begin to notice how much they have helped you in
your own personal life!  I have so much courage and strength because
of those wonderful examples in my life, and I know that every single
person who lives on this earth has an example in their life.  I would
invite you all to thank that specific person for their example or to
think about them if they have passed on, and to truly see how you
became who you are today because of that person. I know that if you
do, your perspective will change!

I love you guys so much, and  I am so grateful for all of your
examples towards me.  It has been so awesome to feel that love and
support every week, and I know you have all played a part in my
happiness so far on my mission.  I hope you guys have a great week!

Love,
Elder Bailey


A very friendly stray cat ran into our Zone Leaders Apartment the
other day when we were cooking dinner there.  Turns out it's pregnant
too! & we ran into Bird Man while Tracting!



No comments:

Post a Comment