Tuesday, June 19, 2018

6/19/18 | Happy Father's Day!!!

 Happy Father’s Day to my amazing Dad!  I hope you had a great day Dad, and know that you’ve been such an amazing example to me in my life of a true Priesthood Man!  Thank you for all you have done for me, and all that you will do for me!  You are incredible, and honestly one of my best friends!  I am also so grateful that I not only have a loving earthly father, but also a loving Heavenly Father who placed me into the greatest home I could’ve asked for here on earth!  He is amazing, and I can’t ever thank Him enough for all the blessings He has given to me, how amazing!  I’m grateful for these two, and all of the other fathers I’ve been touched by in my life!  Thank you, all of you Fathers, for the example you give to those around you!  Well, let me tell you how our week went!!
       Last Tuesday night, after the end of preparation day, we were going to go out and street contact!  We didn’t know where we were going to go, but we knew a general area where we wanted to walk.  So we started to drive over in the area, and we saw a lady on her porch.  Instantly we had the spiritual impression that we needed to talk with this woman.  We parked around the block, said a little prayer, and headed her way.  Her name was Dani, and we had a great discussion with her!  We introduced ourselves, and taught her about The Book Of Mormon.  She accepted a copy and we invited her to read it and pray to know if it is true!  She accepted and said she would!  Heavenly Father definitely sent us directly to her, I have no doubts.  She said we could come back in a week!  On exchanges yesterday with Elder Williamson, wee stopped by to talk with her and follow up with how her reading went.  She answered the door and we asked her how things were going.  She told us that she started reading and got “sucked in!”  No doubt that she has been feeling the Spirit while reading!  We asked if we could teach her more about where The Book Of Mormon came from, and she said that we could stop back tomorrow! How amazing is that!  We were so pumped!  Heavenly Father sent us to Dani, and we can’t wait to teach her!  I will definitely keep you posted on how that goes next Tuesday!  Man I love being a missionary!!!  (On that same night last Tuesday, we also felt prompted to knock on a specific door while walking around, and the lady accepted the copy of The Book Of Mormon, we will check with her sometime next week as well!  We also met this guy who said we could come back anytime to talk, so we had some good success that night!)
    We were looking or a less active member referral we received from some other missionaries in Casper, and it didn’t have a specific apartment number, just a general building number, so we didn’t know which door to knock on.  It was a blessing that there were only four doors in this specific building, so we just decided to try all of them asking for this guy.  The first door we tried, was his house!  Small blessing!  We talked with his wife, and she said he works every day until 6:00, so to try back after then!  We didn’t think too much of finding this guys house so quickly, but honestly 30 seconds after we walked away from the door on the way back to our car, some other elders called and needed help with a random move that they just found out about.  We were able to go there immediately and help with the move!  It has been cool to see instances like this where everything just “works out” perfectly!  Heavenly Father definitely helps us out more than we know, we just have to recognize even the smallest of miracles to see the greater picture!  I love it!
    This past Friday I had the chance to perform two baptismal interviews, one for Gary and the other one for Scott!  It is always such an amazing thing to perform these interviews, man you can feel the Spirit as these Investigators bare their testimonies!  It is so incredible!  After having the interview with Scott, he asked a question about how confirmation works, so we talked about it and he asked me if I could stand in the circle when he received The Gift of the Holy Ghost, what an opportunity!  That happened this past Sunday, and it was really cool to be a part of it!  I love the Gospel Of Jesus Christ with all of my heart!  Seeing people’s lives change, seeing the blessings that come as people dollar Jesus Christ’s Restored Gospel, is one of the most amazing things to participate in and witness!  Missions are incredible, and I’m enjoying each and every day!
     Yesterday on exchanges with Elder Williamson, we were Tracting after we had Personal Study, and we knocked into this lady named Sam.  We introduced ourselves, and asked if we could share a message about Jesus Christ and where The Book Of Mormon came from, and she said we could right then!  So we taught her The Restoration on her doorstep, and it was amazing!  You could feel the Spirit, and she accepted a copy of The Book Of Mormon and we invited her to read it and pray to know if it is true!  She said we could come back in a week and a half!  Amazing!  We are seeing a bunch of good things happen here, and it is just going to get better!
      In my studies this past week, I read Alma 43:45, it was amazing!  It states,

45 Nevertheless, the Nephites were inspired by a better cause, for they were not fighting for monarchy nor power but they were fighting for their homes and their liberties, their wives and their children, and their all, yea, for their rites of worship and their church.

      The question that popped into my head as I read and pondered about this scripture was “Are we today fighting for a better cause like the Nephites were?”  Of course the answer is yes!!!  We will always have power to overcome temptation and the adversary as we live gospel principles, and follow the Gospel Of Jesus Christ and our living modern day prophets and apostles!  Heavenly Father will always help us as we fight for what is right.  That doesn’t mean times won’t be rough, but we will always make it through!  I love knowing that we do indeed have a loving Father in Heaven who know us each individually better than we know ourselves!  I’m grateful for Him and for all He has done for me in my life, including providing the Gift of His son, Jesus Christ, and the Gift of the Holy Ghost to help guide me on my journey!  I know that He hasn’t just provided this for me, but for each of you as well!  How amazing is this!!!  I hope you all have a great week, and never forget how much Heavenly Father loves you!!!


Love,
Elder Bailey


Pics:
1-2: more pics from District pday last week!



No comments:

Post a Comment