Monday, April 3, 2017

3/27/17 | New Companion!

 This week was so good!  It was a little hard with my new
companion, but things are looking up!  We spent a lot of our Tuesday
morning getting Elder Kimball ready to go.  We cleaned our whole
apartment, got him all packed up, and went off to the mission office.
I dropped him off, which was super sad, and picked up Elder Merrill.
I got to know him pretty good this week, so I'll give you the main
details about him!  He is from St. George Utah, he is pretty quiet
when it comes to small talk, he has been out for five months, he is
22, and he is a pretty big guy!  As soon as we got to the apartment,
we didn't have much time to get him settled in.  We had a lot of
people to call and contact, so we got right to work!  This first week
with him has been a pretty big change, but I know that change help us
both become better missionaries.

            We visited with our High Priest leader that night to
discuss a list of non-home taught families and people in the Ward.  We
went through each one, and he wanted to know if we knew any of them.
We knew quite a few, but not a lot of them.  Our week this week was
focused mostly on visiting all of these people, and handing out
invitations to an Easter celebration our Stake is having this April!
It was so busy with so many people to visit and we had to try some
people over and over again to finally get in contact with them.  We
had some success through this, but most of the people were not
interested.  We got to meet a lot of new less-actives and talk with
them, so that made it all worth it!  I don't know what it is, but it
is so fulfilling to talk with people, during Tracting, these visits,
or just talking with people on the streets!  I've noticed that I am
happier and feel more successful when I talk to more people each and
every day!  Spreading the Gospel is such an amazing opportunity as a
missionary, and I know Heavenly Father blesses everyone who shares
their testimonies, including you guys!  I know that if you strive to
be that best example for your friends, share your testimonies, and
look to help those in need, Heavenly Father will bless you for your
efforts!

           We tried to meet with Chad this last week, but he was
always busy with something.  We invited him to church, but he had
work.  We are going to try our best this week to meet with him and see
where he is at.  I'm a little worried he isn't going to be progressing
anymore, but I know that as we do all we can, Heavenly Father will
help us to bring him closer to Christ.  We are definitely going to
meet with him this week.  We have been trying to set up an appointment
with Cameron and Shayden all week, and they finally got back to us!
Shayden is very interested in learning more about the Book Of Mormon,
and his dad, Cameron, wants him to choose for himself what church he
wants to join.  They texted us and said they couldn't meet till this
upcoming week.  I can't wait to meet with them again!  Our goal is to
invite Shayden to be baptized this next lesson, and I can't wait to
see both of them progress!  We are going to meet with the Wakkinen's
as well this week, and we want to talk with them about Baptism as
well!  I am so excited for this week, and all of our investigators we
are going to teach!  It will be a good one!

           Well, I had a doctors appointment with the podiatrist up in
Fort Collins, and I got both of my ingrown toenails successfully
removed!  It hurt pretty bad (the shots hurt the worst.......), and it
has been sore most the week, but I know Heavenly Father is helping
them heal each and every day to help me continue to be fully healthy
to do missionary work!  I haven't been able to fit my left foot in a
church shoe for the rest of the week, so they gave me an open toed
boot thing to wear!  It goes great with my every day Mission clothes
so I'm not complaining!  I'm just happy that my toes are healing very
well!  I definitely know that to be a blessing from my Heavenly
Father!  I have a return appointment this week to check on how they're
doing, so hopefully that goes well!

           We had Ward Conference this past Sunday, and we got to hear
from the Stake Presidency!  They are amazing.  It was mainly focused
on the temple, and making covenants with our Heavenly Father.  There
is always such an amazing Spirit when people talk about the temple,
and I love it!  I was thinking a lot throughout the Ward Conference
about how fortunate I was to live in Utah, where we honestly have 8
temples within 50 minutes of our houses!  I want to extend an
invitation to you guys, to strive to attend the temple more regularly
wherever you may live!  I know that if you do, your life will be
enriched with blessings, and you will notice a change in how much you
can feel the Spirit on a regular basis!  Mom, you're probably the best
example of someone who goes to the temple regularly to me, and I'm so
grateful for that example you have set!  I am definitely going to
strive to do this for the rest of my life, wherever I may live,
because I know that Heavenly Father will bless me for it!

           Our district got changed up a bit with the transfer, so now
we have two companionships of elders!  It was pretty interesting with
such a small group, but District Meeting went very well!  One thing
that stood out to me while I was preparing for District Meeting was a
scripture, Mosiah 28:3, which states,  "Now they were desirous that
salvation should be declared to every creature, for they could not
bear that any human soul should perish; yea, even the very thoughts
that any soul should endure endless torment did cause them to quake
and tremble."   This is such an amazing scripture!  It is talking
about the sons of Mosiah, and when they were going on their missions.
This applies to missionaries, as well as everyone else!  If we have
this mentality when we share the Gospel with others, truly caring for
their salvation, then we will have such amazing opportunities to help
others learn about this true Gospel!  Just think, if you have a friend
who is struggling with their testimony, or is going through a hard
time, the Gospel will make them happy!  Just sharing a simple
testimony could change their life.  I know this to be true!  Through
the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all can be cleansed from their sins,
and once you utilize it on a daily basis, you can always be happy!
Please care enough for those you love to help them when they are
struggling.  Their is only One who knows how they are feeling, and
what they are going through, and that is Jesus Christ.  Once we turn
to Him, our burdens will be made light!

             This week was great, and I am looking forward to the
fantastic week ahead!  I hope you all have a wonderful week this week,
and I know that if you are struggling with something, turn to Heavenly
Father for guidance and help.  In Him we can find peace, joy, hope,
and light through any darkness we may be in.  I love you guys so much!

Love,
Elder Bailey



Long car ride, I couldn't help myself.......  love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment