Monday, June 12, 2017

6/12/17 | Great Week!

 I don't even know where this week has gone!  I feel like each
week is going by faster and faster, it's crazy!!  We had a wonderful
lesson with Susan West this week!  They had us over for dinner, and it
was amazing.  What was more amazing was the lesson we had with her.
Our last lesson with her, we discussed the receiving answers to her
prayers.  We expounded a little this lesson and followed up how she
was doing!  We watched the Mormon message The Music of the Gospel, and
they loved it.  Around the end of the video, Susan blurted out "that
just gave me the chills!"  After it ended, we were able to explain how
that feeling she felt was the Holy Ghost.  As we testified to her that
if she continued to read from the Book Of Mormon, and sincerely pray
to know if it is true, the Spirit filled the room so strongly!  She
accepted the invitation, and we will be following up this week.  I
love how the Spirit works!  As we testify of what we know to be true,
that's when the Spirit can work through us.  I know that to be true!
We weren't able to meet with Trey this week, he was too busy, but we
will try again this next week!
        We did some great service this week!  We helped the alpaca
lady clean out her huge barn, and then later in the week we wrestled
with some alpacas to try and draw blood from them.  We couldn't find
the veins in their neck so she is going to take them to the vet
instead.  At the train Museum we met some old tourists, and of course
we started talking to them because I love old people!  They loved us
too!  They told me that I was welcome to come by and visit them in
Estes park so that they could show me around, so hopefully I serve
down there sometime so that I can teach them more about the gospel!
The main service we did that was great was with a lady named Linda.
Some members from the Monterey Heights Ward contacted us and they
needed help moving a single non member friend who is moving into the
Prairie View Ward.  We went over with the brother eckheart, who
contacted us, and we moved all of her stuff into the uhaul truck.  We
were in proselyting clothes, and by the end we were sweating buckets!
When we were about to head out, she thanked us for our help, and we
asked if we could come and visit her sometime, and she said that would
be great!  We will hopefully be stopping by soon to see how she is
doing soon.
        We had an exchange out in Scottsbluff, Nebraska with the
elders, and it went great!  We did service at the zoo there, and had a
great exchange. Their area is doing fantastic and the work is
progressing so well!  We had to run down to Sidney to do an apartment
check for the upcoming mission tour, and we passed Chimney Rock on the
way.  So you know how they teach you in school about Chimney Rock and
how great it is and how it's a huge?  Yeah they lied to everyone!  It
is honestly the lamest thing I've ever seen, and it's only like 50
feet tall...... I have no idea why Nebraska brags about it so much!
Apparently when the US Army was coming through to go to Fort Laramie,
they saw Chimney Rock and used it as target practice.  They shot
2/3rd's of it down!  It used to be about 200-250 feet tall, but they
destroyed it!  I thought that was pretty funny.  Anyways, we checked
their apartment and it was good.  Then we got to see the world
headquarters of Cabela's!   It was pretty cool!  I guess the guy who
made Cabela's is from there, so that's where the first one was built.
It's literally in the middle of nowhere but it was still pretty sweet!
 I love Nebraska and all, but let's just say I'm glad I'm in Cheyenne
:).
        We had some crazy hail and rain storms this week in Cheyenne,
and all the streets were like rivers, it was crazy!  I was just glad
we had a truck!  We saw so many people get stuck, and the whole city
of Cheyenne was going crazy for awhile!  I send a pic of the flooding!
 Crazy stuff.  We were also grabbing something from the Cheyenne Stake
Center, when a ton of tour bus's started pulling up.  We went out to
see why they were there, and it was a huge trek group from Denver
Colorado!  We visited with them, and asked if they needed help with
anything.  They said they would love our help, so we helped them break
down all of their dominos pizza box's.  They loved us so much they
gave us two extra pizza's!  It was so nice of them!  It was fun to
meet a bunch of amazing members of the church, I loved it!
        We had an amazing mission tour with Elder De Feo this week,
and it was honestly amazing!  The instruction we received from both
Elder De Feo, and President McMurray was both amazing and inspiring!
The main thing that Elder De Feo talked about was love, changing the
mission culture, and finding joy in doing the work.  He said that as
leaders, we should never force anyone to change, but as we love them
they will want to change.  I loved that, it's so true!  He stated that
as our mission develops a believing culture, then we will be able to
find joy in the work, and it will eliminate depression and anxiety.
As we believe and have faith that Heavenly Father will listen to our
prayers, and as we work hard and believe that we will find the elect
to teach, we will be joyful in our service!  One of my favorite quotes
he shared was, "Plan to succeed, so you can succeed in the Plan!"  I
loved that!  Elder De Feo is a master at teaching from the scriptures.
He backed up all he said and taught with scriptures.  One of my
favorites was Alma  29:9-10, it states:

9 I know that which the Lord hath commanded me, and I glory in it. I
do not glory of myself, but I glory in that which the Lord hath
commanded me; yea, and this is my glory, that perhaps I may be an
instrument in the hands of God to bring some soul to repentance; and
this is my joy.

10 And behold, when I see many of my brethren truly penitent, and
coming to the Lord their God, then is my soul filled with joy; then do
I remember what the Lord has done for me, yea, even that he hath heard
my prayer; yea, then do I remember his merciful arm which he extended
towards me.

       As we focus on others, and focus on service we will feel so
much joy!  I know that as you all focus on becoming instruments in the
hands of God, and see how you can help your fellow men, then you will
feel a tremendous amount of joy, and you will gain a desire to serve
your Heavenly Father more and more.  It is an amazing concept!  I love
it!  After mission tour, we had apartment checks by President and
Sister McMurray, and Elder De Feo himself!  Since we are one of the
only three apartments in Cheyenne, they checked ours.  Last week we of
course spent some good time tidying up.  They approved of how clean
our apartment was, but everyone, especially Elder De Feo, disliked our
apartment a lot.  He was not impressed with it.  The old heating
system, the ants, etc.  It is super old, and our whole complex was
used as military housing in World War Two.  We will probably be moving
out of this apartment in the next couple transfers, but we'll see!
The mission did just buy us an AC Unit a few days ago, because our
apartment was getting to be super hot at night, so we have been
sleeping much better!  Honestly, I'm just glad we passed the cleaning
inspection!  Woot!
       Transfers are coming up and we found out that Elder Callahan is
leaving to Greeley, and that my new companion is going to be Elder
Gentry!  I'm gonna miss Elder Callahan, we got along great, but I'm
excited for Elder Gentry.  He's a really good missionary, and he's
hilarious so I'm way excited for this next transfer!  I'm so grateful
that I am on a mission.  I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and all He
has done for me.  I know that this Gospel is true, and that the Book
Of Mormon can change lives!  I love being a missionary, and I'm
grateful for all of you for supporting me!  Thanks for everything!  I
hope you all have a fantastic week!

Love
Elder Bailey


1. The great Chimney Rock........
2. Cabela's World Headquarters
3. The flood!
4. A member fed us at the Little America, and they have an emperor
penguin, who knew?
5. Mission Tour

No comments:

Post a Comment