Tuesday, October 17, 2017

10/16/17 | Goodbye Cheyenne!

My time in Cheyenne Wyoming is about to come to a close.  We found out last Saturday about transfers, and I am being transferred right back to Greeley Colorado!  I will be serving in the Glenmere Ward, so not the same as last time!  My new companions name is Elder Hatch, and we are going to be training a new missionary who is a visa waiter.  A lot of missionaries come to our mission who are waiting for their visa’s to go through so they can go to their designated mission.  We can’t wait to meet him!  From what I have heard, Elder Hatch is a good hard working missionary from Arizona (same high school as Elder Tippetts).  I can’t wait to get to know him better!  I am honestly devastated that Elder Tippetts and I aren’t going to be companions anymore....... but I’m not worried about it, we’re homies and will definitely be after our missions!  We’re actually going to get a party house in Provo with a bunch of homies when we go to college, so bright things await in the future!  Woo!
        Besides the crazy change that’s going to happen, this past week was pretty good!  We helped Janet with installing some stuff into her apartments she owns, and she is still a little idle on her progression.  A member was telling us last week how it took her more than a year and a half to become fully converted and decide to be baptized.  This opened our eyes a lot with Janet.  We had been really impatient with her, and were trying to make things happen quickly, but we realized that it is going to take time with her.  We have been really patient the past week and a half, and honestly more Christlike, and it has been paying off!  As we’ve utilized members, Janet is planning to come to church this next week!  I won’t be here, but I couldn’t be happier!  I can’t wait for her to experience the joy and happiness that comes through Jesus Christ’s Restored Gospel!  
         We met with Travis this week as well, and things went amazing!  We jumped the gun a little on his baptismal date, and were able to talk with him about it.  We had our lesson this week with him, and we read from The Book Of Mormon.  Afterwards we talked about his baptismal date, and we pushed it back to November 11th!  As he talked about it, he started to choke up and the Spirit was so strong!  We can tell he is truly humble and ready to be taught the Gospel.  Can’t wait to hear how he progresses over the next month or so!  Also the Moyte’s ended up being a little hesitant in learning more.  They attended church last week and were received so well!  Almost all of the testimonies were about The Book Of Mormon, so Sister Moyte was concerned about having to teach her children different things.  We tried visiting them, but they ended up being busy.  We will definitely work through Brother Weber to reach them better, so we are praying they will understand what we believe better.  
         We were asked to go and give someone a blessing at the hospital, and it turned out he didn’t want one anymore.  We asked the front desk if there was a list that we could get on to be kind of “on call” to come and pray with people or administer blessings if that was wanted.  They had no idea, so we got to talk to the head chaplain and another chaplain from the hospital!  It was a cool experience.  They asked us a lot of questions concerning our missions, and we explained to them what we do, how long we’re out here, and a little of what we believe.  We tried asking them about their religions, but they said they couldn’t tell us because of legal reasons.  It was interesting, the head chaplain threw in some jabs at how his chaplains at the hospital all went to a bible school, or got some sort of training to do their jobs.  We brushed that off and continued to speak with him about what we do as missionaries.  It was a testimony builder to know that this is Jesus Christ’s Restored Church back onto the earth today!  
          I was reading in 3 Nephi this past week, and I came across a verse that struck me.  3 Nephi 20:30 says,

30 And it shall come to pass that the time cometh, when the fulness of my gospel shall be preached unto them;
          That time is now!  I love to know that as missionaries, we are a part of something bigger than we know!  It is not just full time missionaries, as President David O. Mckay said “Every member … a missionary!”  You are all missionaries too!  What we are doing, preaching the Restored gospel, has been prophesied unto the children of God forever!  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to serve the Lord.  Serving a mission changes people’s lives, not only people we teach, but the missionaries themselves. The growth I have seen on my mission has been incredible, and I know that every missionary who is serving, as they do their best, can be changed through Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father’s help!  I also know that as you strive to be a missionary wherever you are, you will be guided to those who are seeking to find the gospel “who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it--“ (D&C 123:12). 
           Saying goodbyes are honestly the worst..... we went around and said goodbye to all of the families that I became very close to here in Cheyenne, and it was pretty sad.  Friendships that are made on missions are amazing!  They are made for eternity!  I can’t wait to come back and visit all of the people that loved and cared about me and my companions.  I’m looking forward to meeting more amazing members of this Restored Gospel down in Greeley!  Here’s to another week of missionary work!  I love you guys and for all you do to support me on my mission.  I always feel loved and cared for as you reach out.  Hope you have a great week!

Love
Elder Bailey 



Pics!

1. The brownells!  
2. President Bailey!  (Our Stake President, found out we’re related distantly)
3. A lil kitten! 



No comments:

Post a Comment