Thursday, November 30, 2017

11/28/17 | Light The World my friends!

  This week was amazing!  The #LightTheWorld initiative is back, and I would encourage you all to watch the new Christmas video as well as the daily videos that the church has produced on mormon.org.  It’s our time to Light The World this Christmas season, let’s share this message with everyone we can!  
        Elder Nally is officially gone to the land down under..... which was super sad!  We had an amazing last week together in our companionship, and I’m grateful that Elder Hatch and I were able to be companions with him!  We took him to the mission office yesterday and said our goodbyes.  He’s going to be an amazing missionary down Australia!  Now it’s just Elder Hatch and it’s kinda weird, but I’m really excited for this next transfer.  We actually found out yesterday that Elder Hatch and I will be staying together here in Greeley for another six weeks!  It’s going to be so legit!  We have a ton of work here, and it’s absolutely amazing!  
        We got in contact with a bunch of our investigators this past week.  We talked with the Bentz family, and set up an appointment with them to teach a lesson this upcoming Friday.  We haven’t been able to find them, because they got kicked out of the last house they were at, and that’s the only address we had for them, so we actually used Facebook to contact them and to give them our Bishops number for them to meet with him for help.  Through technology and Facebook, we were able to get in contact with them and Bishop met with them this past week.  He was able to get their new address so we could meet up with them again!  What a blessing we have to use technology!  We can’t wait to teach them this week and get them to church this Sunday!  It will be awesome!  We taught the Lopez’s a lesson as well.  We taught them the Restoration and they all had a lot of good questions!  Their son still want to be baptized, so we set his date for the 23rd of December!  We can’t wait to see him progress and his family to come back to church!  They are planning on attending church as well, so that will be so amazing too!  We were able to schedule a lot of appointments for this upcoming week, so we are super excited to teach a lot of people!  And of course we are so excited to continue to find more and more people to teach!  It should be awesome!  
        Our Thanksgiving was so amazing!  Of course it wasn’t like being home with all the family, but it was really amazing still!  We went to the Smith’s home, they were missionaries in our mission office last year so they invited us over!  It was an amazing meal, and it was awesome to feel the love from them towards us.  I felt a little bit of home from them, so it was super good!  We ate, then helped Brother Smith chop wood, then we had dessert.  I honestly love chopping wood, it is so relaxing and fun to do!  It’s also a workout!  We were pretty tired afterwards, but it was worth it!  Nothing else too exciting happened, but it was definitely a fun day thinking of what I’m most grateful for.  I just want to let you know that I’m grateful for you family!  Mom and dad, you are the best parents I could have ever asked for, thanks for your examples!  I’m thankful for all of my siblings, you are all amazing and so fun to be around!  I’m thankful for all of my other family members and friends, for the support I receive from everyone, I appreciate it so much!  I’m thankful for the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and for The Book Of Mormon.  I’m thankful for a loving Heavenly Father who provided us a way, through His son and our brother Jesus Christ, to live with Him again and to be cleansed from our sins.  I’m thankful for the Restoration Of Christ’s Gospel on the earth through the prophet Joseph Smith, I know he is a prophet of God!  Im also thankful to have President Monson as a Prophet today!  What a blessing it is to have a living prophet to guide Jesus Christ’s church under His direction, and to guide us through these troubled times!  I’m grateful for a loving mission president and his wife to have here on my mission, they have helped me so much!  I’m also thankful for all of my companions I have had and will have on my mission, I have learned so much from them, and I’m grateful for the friendships I’ve made.  There is so much to be grateful for, I could go on forever!  I love thanksgiving time, and I want to invite you all to think of things you are thankful for, even when it isn’t thanksgiving, and to express them to Heavenly Father through prayer.  I know He loves to hear what we are sincerely thankful for!  
        I was studying in Ether this week, and a recurring trend in The Book Of Mormon stood out to me!  In Ether 11:1 it says,

1 And there came also in the days of Com many prophets, and prophesied of the destruction of that great people except they should repent, and turn unto the Lord, and forsake their murders and wickedness.

        It is always promised and prophesied in The Book Of Mormon that the people will be destroyed unless they repent and turn unto the Lord.  I love this concept!  Not because of the wickedness or destruction of the people, it’s because we have the opportunity to repent daily, all thanks for Jesus Christ, our Savior!  Before my mission I didn’t really think about it, but as we repent daily, we can continually turn our hearts to God.  I need to get better at this, but I know that as we all try and repent daily, we will be able to see our hearts and lives change as we continually turn unto God!  What a blessing it is to be able to repent daily!  
        I’m going to close with a miracle that we experienced this past week.  We were actually supposed to take Elder Nally to the airport yesterday, but President McMurray ultimately said that he couldn’t have Elder Hatch and I out of our area for that long because we could be finding more people to teach.  Which was interesting because it was in the mid afternoon on a Monday, but we trusted him.  We were out trying to get in contact with some less active members during the time we would have been to the airport, and we witnessed the hand of God in our missionary work!  We were walking after we had just contacted a less active member, and we kept walking up this street almost mindlessly.  Elder Hatch finally realized that there were no more less active members up the street and we were about to turn around when it popped into my mind that we were up this street for a reason.  We looked up at the apartment complex in front of us, and we knew exactly what door to knock on.  We knocked and met our friend Billy.  Billy saw who we were, and immediately let us in.  We sat on his couch and he told us that his wife had passed away a week before, and he had been going through a really rough time.  We taught him about The Book Of Mormon and promised it would bring him peace, comfort, and hope during these rough times.  He told us he would read from it and pray to know if it is true.  We also invited him to church, and he said he would love to come.  We have another appointment with him next Monday, and we can’t wait to teach him again!  He was ready to hear the truth, and I know we were sent there to his door to bring that to him.  We witnessed a miracle this week, and it was amazing to truly feel “On the Lord’s Errand.”  I am so thankful for President McMurray, and his inspiration to not let us drop Elder Nally off at the airport.  There was definitely someone for us to find, and the Lord guided us to him.  I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love
Elder Bailey


Pics and a Video:
- Last pics with Elder Nally
-chopping wood on thanksgiving!




No comments:

Post a Comment