Tuesday, May 15, 2018

5/15/18 | Bye Wellington!

  Wow, this week has been amazing!  We’ve seen a lot of miracles!  Congratulations to my sister Alyssa and my new bro in law on getting sealed in the Provo City Center Temple!  So happy for you two!  Still can’t wait to meet you Jake! Mother’s Day made it that much more incredible!  It was so fun to talk with you guys! :). I’m so eternally grateful for the mother I have in my life!  Mom, you are absolutely incredible!  I LOVE YOU! it was so fun to talk to you and the fam.  I’m so grateful for you guys!  Like I said, we heard last Saturday night about transfers, and I’m leaving Wellington!  I was kinda sad because of all the success we’ve been starting to see recently, but I know it is what the Lord wants!  I don’t know who my companions going to be, because he is coming straight from the MTC! We should have a fun transfer together.  I’m excited to meet him tonight!  I’m really sad to be leaving still because Elder Gordon and I get along extremely well, and he is an absolute stud!  But I can’t wait to meet my new companion tonight, it will be so sweet!!
    Elder Gordon and I were out visiting Potentials we had found previously while Tracting, and we had the thought to go visit a less active family who we hadn’t been able to get in contact with yet.  Let me tell you, it wasn’t a “random” thought, it was definitely a prompting!  The wife answered the door, and we had a good few minute conversation, then she offered us water, and we accepted.  She told us to sit down in the patio furniture and we talked with her for about an hour getting to know her and her two little girls.  They are so amazing!  After our conversation, she invited us over for dinner in a couple of weeks, and said we could come back and share a message then!  We are hoping to help them find their way back onto the covenant path!  It was such a miracle to be able to talk with them!  
     We had a member, Richard Hopkins the second, give us 15 dollars a piece to get lunch, we were so grateful!  He is the best, I’m glad I was able to meet him!  We decided to go to Subway to get some specialty five dollar subs!  We went in and there was an old man sitting at a table.  As soon as we walked in, we looked at each other and immediately I knew this old man from somewhere!  I started thinking back through old areas, and couldn’t think of his name!  Right before we paid with the money we got from Richard Hopkins, he slapped a 20 dollar bill down and told the cashier that the next two sandwich’s were on him.  We got our sandwich’s, and approached him.  I told him I knew him from somewhere, and asked what his name was.  He said “Dwayne Stevenson!”  Haha I knew I knew this guy! Turns out he was a less active guy from the Prairie View Ward in Cheyenne that I had worked with almost a year ago!  We had a good conversation, and we asked him if he had gone to church in awhile.  He said he hadn’t, so we invited him to do so!  He said he will!  Amazing!  I definitely know Heavenly Father had us cross paths so that we could invite him to go to church!  And he is from Preston, Idaho, and guess who is also from Preston?  Elder Gordon!!  They graduated from the same high school (only like 64 years apart but still!). It was not a coincidence we ran into him, it was incredible!
    Miracle on Main Street! Back at it again.  Elder Gordon and I made it a goal to walk up and down Main Street in Wellington each night from 8:30-9:00, and we’ve been able to talk with so many people!  We were on an offshoot street, and we saw a guy getting out of his car.  So we went over, introduced ourselves and started talking to him.  He said he and his wife were about to go eat dinner, but that we could come back on a weekend in the morning.  It was so cool to see how receptive he was!!  We tried going back on the weekend, but he didn’t answer.  Elder Gordon will go try him next week!  It is cool to see how the Lord puts people into our paths as we put forth the effort!  We then taught him the Plan of Salvation, and went over the first half then went really in depth in the second part.  We were able to share Bible verses about the plan of Salvation with him (Spirit World 1 Peter 3-4, Kingdoms Of Glory 1 Corinthians 15, etc.).  Paul loved how pretty much the whole Plan of Salvation is outlined in the Bible!  He loves the idea of perfected bodies and thinks it is crazy to imagine how BIG the Atonement actually is.  After we taught the lesson, and throughout the whole lesson, the Spirit was very strong!  We asked him if he felt the Spirit, and he said he did feel it right then and throughout the whole lesson!  We testified to him that the Holy Ghost was testifying of truth, and that what we taught him was absolutely true!  We told him why we extend commitments, because those are the ways you can feel this same Spirit when we come whenever you do what we invite him to do!  We invited him to continue to read and pray, and attend church when he can. He said he would.  We testified to him how much the gospel will bless his family!  We were able to testify of how we personally have seen the gospel of Jesus Christ bless our families and our parents.  We testified to him how much his marriage would be blessed if it was based in the gospel!  At that moment the Spirit was so strong, and Paul got really teary eyed.  He offered to say the closing prayer, and was choking up while saying it.  How amazing!  We helped him recognize and understand the Spirit, so incredible!  :). After the prayer he told us that it might take awhile but he wants him and his wife on the same page with the gospel in his family!  What a miracle of a lesson!  I know they will be baptized someday, and I hope I can attend it!
      Mother’s Day was incredible, for two reasons!  We found two new investigators, and we set up three return appointments with Potentials from Tracting!  It was fantastic!  Then to wrap it all up, we got to call home!  Again, it was amazing to be able to speak face to face with my family, guys I love you so much!!  I’m glad that everything worked to where we could FaceTime.  Took a little to find that good WiFi because of the storm here in Fort Collins, but I’m glad we got connected!  I’m again so grateful for not only my mom in my life, but for my Grandma Burr and Grandma Bailey, you are all such amazing examples to me!  Thanks for the incredible amount of love you have shown me throughout my life, it has helped me become who I am today!  I hope you guys had a great one!  :)
      We had a lesson with Mike yesterday, and we quickly started with a prayer as soon as we got there.  We then followed up about his reading, and he was honest that he didn’t get much in because of his back pain and having to get a shot in his back.  We then read Mosiah 17-18 with him, and talked about the chapters afterwards.  We asked Mike again if he knew The Book Of Mormon was the word of God, if Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, and if he had a desire to be baptized.  He answered Yes for all of the questions!  We then invited him to be baptized on July 14th, (he still needs some time, slowly but surely, but he is progressing very well!  He is also out of town for some weeks, so we needed to push it until then :)), and he accepted!  It was amazing!  We expressed our love for him, and that we were going to be there for him every step of the way to help him to get to that Baptismal date!  It was an amazing lesson!  We loved it, and Mike seemed so happy at the end!  He was sad to hear I was leaving, but I told him I would love to come back to his baptism!  Another Miracle!  :)
      Yesterday I got the chance to say bye to Paul, the Rhodes, and the Whittiers.  These are some amazing individuals I’ve met here in Wellington.  We had a great time talking with Paul, and we got to take pics with him. (In the pic we are wearing some nice ties he gave us!). Later that day we said bye to the Rhodes, and they gave us cookies!  We had a great talk with them, they said I can visit anytime!  :).  Then the last people we said bye to were the Whittiers.  Wow, Sister Whittier even made Elder Gordon and I some legit Wellington T-Shirts!  They are so amazing!  We taught them a lesson and helped them start to set up their family mission plan, so it was awesome talking with them.  They are so amazing too!  I’ve been so blessed to be here in Wellington, I’m gonna miss this place, but Casper will be amazing too!
      In my studies this past week Alma 5:7 stood out to me, it states,

7 Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold, they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word; yea, they were encircled about by the bands of death, and the chains of hell, and an everlasting destruction did await them.

       So first off, I gained a greater love for Alma 5!  Wow!  It is absolutely amazing!  I would invite each of you to read it.  But this verse stood out to me when it talks about the “light of the everlasting word;”. Immediately, I thought of what this could mean, and I thought of how this is the Savior!  Our Savior, Jesus Christ, is the light that shines in the darkness!  He is the light!  And it was amazing how it stated how their souls were illuminated by Him.  We can each be illuminated by our Savior!  But we can’t just expect this to come, we have to do what’s necessary, and we can be truly illuminated by Him!  I would invited each of you to think how you can be illuminated by Jesus Christ more in your life, and to do what is necessary to become such!  He wants to illuminate each of us, but we just have to have that desire and act!  I hope each of you have a great week!  I love you!  Thanks for the support! :) 

Love,
Elder Bailey 


Pics:
1: Mother’s Day Call!
2. Bye to Paul the man!
3: bye to the Rhodes
4: bye to the Whittiers
5. Cake and Candy supply business still going strong! Haha





No comments:

Post a Comment