Wednesday, August 8, 2018

8/7/18 | Staying here in Casper!

 Wow, I honestly cannot believe how fast this past transfer went by, it is so crazy how fast time truly flies!  Tomorrow is transfers, and we found out last Saturday night that Elder Williamson and I will not be companions anymore, and that he is headed down to Cheyenne.  I found out that my new companions name is Elder Godfrey!  I kind of know him, but not really.  He came out a little over a year ago, and I’m excited to work with him!  This next transfer we will be covering not only the Casper 6th Ward, but now we are covering the Casper 9th Ward too!  So I get to serve in the Casper 9th Ward once again!  That will be pretty fun.  Both of these wards meet at the same time in two separate buildings, so it may be a bit tricky to work out, but we will probably switch off every week!  We now have a car as well because the ward boundaries are so far apart.  Things should be good, I’m looking forward to this next transfer!  Can’t wait to make it the best one yet!!!
      This past Wednesday I had the opportunity to perform two Baptismal interviews for a set of sisters.  Man do I love participating in this way, and seeing the amount of conversion with each individual, it is amazing!  Elder Williamson and I walked into the church building and we saw the little girl, Tori, who was going to be baptized, with her mother.  They were happy to see us!  They started to talk with us and they asked us if we have ever baptized anyone before.  Both me and Elder Williamson replied that we have not.  They proceeded to ask me if I would perform the baptism for Tori!  I told them I would love to!  It was a bit of a shock to the both of us, but how amazing!  Her Baptismal interview went absolutely amazing, she was so ready to be baptized!  The next interview went just a good, the individual is very ready to make this covenant with God!  Tori’s baptism this past Saturday was awesome!  It was so strange actually being the person to baptize someone.  It was the neatest experience.  I’m grateful that Heavenly Father provided me with this opportunity to perform Tori’s baptism!  It was so fun to see how she was so happy and shiny after her baptism.  I will remember that day for a long time.  What a miracle!
      We were able to have a dinner appointments with the Howard’s, some members of our ward.  For our lesson afterwards we shared the #BecauseofHim Easter video from a few years back.  Man does that video invite the Spirit!  As they watched the video the Spirit filled the room!  We then asked these members how Jesus Christ has been an impact in their lives?  Their responses were amazing.  They bore powerful testimonies to us of our Savior Jesus Christ and what He meant to them.  They both were in tears near the end, and the Spirit was so strong!  I’m grateful for Jesus Christ, the Savior of the world!  Without Him we are truly nothing.  He gave His life for each of us, and as we remember that great and last sacrifice and utilize the Atonement in our lives, we can truly be blessed!  I cannot express how much I love Him!  I hope each of us remembers what Jesus has done for us.  He is the way!
      We said goodbye to a lot great missionaries and dear friends of mine.  Elder Tippetts, Elder Judd, Elder Campbell, Elder Littlewood, Elder Johnson, etc.  Some of these elders were past companions, but all were my friends.  Sad to see them go, but there comes a time when you can’t be a full time missionary anymore....... can you believe that!?  I truly feel that I’ve done this my whole entire life and that this is where I’m going to stay forever.  Time comes and goes, but the Gospel will always remain constant, what a blessing that is to each of us!  I’m grateful for the time I have to be a full time missionary and to be able to teach The Gospel of Jesus Christ!  So far my mission has changed my life, and I cannot wait to see the changes that are still in store for me!
      We had another lesson with Angel last Friday, and it went so well!  We focused on studying The Book of Mormon, and helping her understand it a little better.  We brought the Marshall’s, the fellowshipping family who is picking her up to bring her to church each Sunday, and they were able to help explain to her in kid terms what we were reading in 1 Nephi 3.  Angel is understanding the scriptures better now!  We invited her to read and pray, and she told us she was going to do better at both!  Amazing!  She will get baptized, hopefully she can be prepared while I’m still here, but if not that is okay. :)
      This past Saturday we had some good time after Tori’s baptism to walk around.  A recent convert in our ward, Scott, picked us up for the baptism, attended it with us, then drove is home.  He loved seeing another baptism and supporting other new members, he told us it reminds him of when he was baptized just seven weeks ago, how amazing!  We walked towards dinner and talked to everyone we could on the way!  We were able to talk with a bunch of people, but no one wanted to hear our message.  It was hot, no one listened, but it was a great time serving the Lord and doing our best!  I love it!  We had a great dinner, and talked to more people on the way back with little to no people interested as well.  I believe and know that success is truly in the invitation!  We cannot force people to believe, we can only invite.  I am so grateful for Heavenly Father’s plan for us, and how agency is such a huge role in that plan.  
       Elder Williamson and I had the opportunity to bear our testimonies this past Fast Sunday.  I’m so grateful I did!  It was amazing to testify of Jesus Christ and His Gospel! In my studies this past week, I read in Helaman 13.  This is when Samuel the Lamanite is prophesying to the wicked Nephites.  It is all centered upon Jesus Christ and is amazing!  Specifically in Helaman 13:11 which states,

11 But if ye will repent and return unto the Lord your God I will turn away mine anger, saith the Lord; yea, thus saith the Lord, blessed are they who will repent and turn unto me, but wo unto him that repenteth not.

       Jesus Christ has provided us with The Atonement, but it is our choice to act upon what He has already given and paid for and to repent each and every day!  All we need to do is choose, and have a willing heart.  Jesus Christ and His Everlasting Atonement will always be there for us and He is constantly beckoning us to utilize it in our lives!  May we all choose to do so and participate in the greatest thing to ever happen to mankind!  I love you guys, and I hope you have a great week!

Love,
Elder Bailey 


Pics:
1-2: Tori’s baptism! 
3-4: Western Trails Museum today!



No comments:

Post a Comment