Monday, December 19, 2016

12/19/16 | Ugo's Baptism!

         This week was so amazing!  We had so many blessings this week.  I was on exchanges with Elder Miner and Elder Ricks Tuesday night, Wednesday, Thursday, most of Friday, and a little of Saturday.  So most of my week was spent in other missionaries areas.  A couple of lessons stood out to me.  We had a lesson with this woman who lives in West Laramie.  Her story really touched me.  She has moved 21 time in 15 years, and thinks she's finally found her safe spot here in Laramie.  When we asked her about why she thinks reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church is essential, she said she has been wanting to come back for years.  We asked her if she would come to church this week, she started to cry and said she's been waiting for someone to ask and help her make it to church.  I thought that was a pretty sweet manifestation of how the Spirit can work in lessons we teach! 

         Turns out I wasn't allowed to go to that leadership meeting.  I guess President forgot I was still technically being trained because this is my second transfer, anyways, the AP's called and said I couldn't come....... I was a bit sad about that, but it all worked out!  The next day on Friday, President called us and told us Elder Ricks mission call extension was at the mission home.  He said we needed to be there at 5:00 sharp.  Elder Allen and I drove him down that afternoon, we kind of saw some pretty mean looking storm clouds coming in from the West but didn't think much of it.  We got to Presidents house and Elder Ricks (he's a two-transfer missionary who was getting his full-time call) was able to FaceTime his parents when he opened his call.  He's staying in our mission! I was pretty excited for him, he's a good missionary.  While we were at Presidents home I got to meet two of Presidents sons, Spencer and Daniel.  They are so awesome and they're both hilarious, just like Randon!  I felt like I was chilling with my family, which was really nice.  President wouldn't let us leave hungry, so he took us to Arby's!  During dinner, President filled me in on all the things they discussed and are going to implement in our mission from the meeting that I missed.  That made me happier about not being able to go.  
           As we were leaving, it started snowing kind of bad.  We were headed up to Cheyenne and it hit, super bad.  It was a complete white put of I-25!  Some parts you couldn't even see the road, we could just see tail lights 30 yards in front of us.  It was honestly the sketchiest free-way experience I've ever had.  This was one of the miracles this week, that we made it safely to Cheyenne!  We called the ZL's in Cheyenne and we stayed there that night.  This storm was incredible!  Only about three inches stuck and the rest of it was blown away by the 40 mile an hour winds.  

           The next morning we were scared that we would miss Ugo's Baptism because all the mission vehicles were grounded. I was praying so hard that our vehicle coordinator would clear us to drive back, and my prayers were answered at 9:30!  We drove back to Laramie safely and made it to Ugo's Baptism!  Ugo's Baptism was awesome, the Spirit was definitely present.  I was one of the Witnesses with Elder Clemence, and Ugo wanted Bishop Williams to Baptize him.  The water heater at the Stake Center is broken, which made the water frigid, but everything went perfectly!  My favorite part about Ugo's Baptism was his testimony at the end.  When he bore testimony, I could feel the Spirit so strongly.  He said that he had no idea that he could have a family here in Laramie, but he knows he does now.  When he pointed at us and said "if it weren't for my guys, I wouldn't be here!"  That touched my heart so deeply.  The feeling you get when you have taught someone every lesson, and to see them get Baptized is indescribable. Ugo got confirmed on Sunday, and still doesn't have any church clothes.... He wore his "ya'll just need Jesus" sweatshirt!  After he got confirmed and we sat down, he couldn't stop telling us how good he felt.  I know that he will be blessed for having the companionship of the Holy Ghost with him always.  I love Ugo so much!

          I hope you all are a little warmer than up here in Laramie!  I love you all so much, and I can't wait to FaceTime you guys next Sunday!  So crazy!  Having Christmas be on a Sunday couldn't be more appropriate.  This Christmas, truly focus on how the Savior blessed our lives by being born and how he has given us the Atonement so we may live with our Heavenly Father again when we pass on.  Hope you have a fantastic week!

Love,

Elder Bailey 


No comments:

Post a Comment