Wednesday, December 28, 2016

12/26/16 | Christmas!

 It was so good to talk to you guys yesterday!  I loved every second of it!  Having this be my first Christmas away from home was super weird, but it turned out to be awesome.  Sorry Fam, you've heard most of this from yesterday, but I've got to fill everyone else in.... haha. This week was pretty slow because more than half of Laramie is gone for Christmas Break...... we tried to stay as busy as possible though!  We used FaceTime and Skype in three of lessons we had this week, and they were super effective!  One of the people we called really needed it.  Her mom, dad, and her are recent converts.  I guess her mom has been going through a hard time, and some members in the ward her doubt what she believed in, and her mom was saying she wanted to remove her records from the church.  We were able to talk to the daughter and let her know she can help!  We suggested a few things to help her mom regain her solid testimony.  We are praying that it will help her mom!
       We had some solid lessons teaching Ugo the new member lessons.  His testimony just keeps getting stronger and stronger!  He is probably going to leave the U.S on the 25th of January.  It's too bad because he can't get a student loan because of citizenship stuff...... but he will have missionary opportunities back in Nigeria for sure!  He will be such a strength for the church there! He said that if I ever am in Nigeria, I'll have a place to stay.  He's such a good friend, I love him!
       Transfers are tomorrow, and I'm training a brand new missionary!  I can't wait to be training in Greeley, Colorado!  I'm going to have to trust in Heavenly Father to help me become the best trainer for this new missionary as I can possibly be!  I'm so excited to have this opportunity so early in my mission!  I'm a little nervous, but I know that God will help me in all I do. I just heard I'm meeting him at the mission office at around 3:00 tomorrow, and I can't wait to see what he's like!  Man, I can't wait.  
        Christmas Eve was almost as incredible as Christmas was! Grant Asay had us over for dinner with his family!  They are incredible, I felt like I was at home with them.  We had so many different kinds of meats, and yummy snacks, it was so awesome!  They gave us three presents each.  Some heavy duty gloves, a tie, and a homemade pen with wood from Adam-ondi-ahman!  We read the Nativity Story, and sang a lot of hymns!  I felt like I was at home, and I loved it.  They are such a solid family.  
          My highlight this week, and for Christmas was FaceTiming you guys!  It was so nice to see all of my biggest supporters in the same room.  Thanks for being such a fantastic family, I couldn't be where I am today without you guys, and I love you all so much! 
          For Christmas dinner, we ate with Christa Avery and her family.  We played some scrabble, had amazing food, and they were such a nice family!  Both dinners made being away from home not as hard.  
         After our Christmas Dinner, we went Caroling! We stopped by some families that we thought would need some Christmas Cheer.  It was awesome! I got permission from President McMurray to call one of my best friends from the MTC who is serving in the Gilbert Arizona Mission.  His family situation was horrible, so I thought he would need some true support from his friend.  It was awesome catching up with him.  One part really hit me during the call, near the end, Elder Whittaker said something that was so cool.  He said "You know Elder Bailey, this has really made my Christmas, thanks so much!"  I was so happy that I decided to ask if I could call him, even if it just brightened his day a little bit.  
        Well, I'm leaving Wyoming tomorrow!  I can't wait to serve in Colorado for the first time, and to train a brand new missionary!  I hope all of your Christmas's were as awesome as mine!  I love you all so much, thanks for the support.  

Love,
Elder Bailey

1. Christmas Card 2016, ball is life haha

2. Saying bye to Ugo! 

No comments:

Post a Comment