Tuesday, January 24, 2017

1/9/17 | Cold to Warm

 It has been such an amazing week this week!  We have been so much busier, and getting so many opportunities through our work! First off I just want to say congrats to my best friend Chase on getting his missionary call to the Spain Madrid Mission!  I am so excited for you!  I can't wait until all of my best friends are out with me serving the Lord.  I have been so blessed in my life having such amazing friends!  Love you guys.  
       This past Tuesday was our Trainers Meeting for all the new missionaries.  It was held up in Cheyenne.  It was so amazing!  I got to see Elder McFadden, Elder Ma'ake, and Brother Stark from Riverton!  Brother Stark had to drive the missionaries down because of bad weather.  It was so awesome catching up with them. We had some amazing trainings by President and Sister McMurray, and my the Assistants Elder Jackson and Elder Chan.  I got some really good advice on how to get more teaching opportunities in this brand new area that Elder Kimball and I have been swept into.  I feel like using this will help the work in the Peak View Ward progress so much, but it all has to start with us as missionaries working diligently.  We definitely implemented what we learned this week in our area, and it helped tremendously!   
           We had some amazing experiences this week with visiting Less-Active members in the ward.  It has been -5 to -20 degrees here this weekend!  (Now today it's 52 degrees and everything's melting! So crazy....)  We got snowed in on Thursday morning when it was really cold, so we had to stay in our apartment until 2:30 till the roads were clear. Then we started to visit as many Less-Actives as we could.  We were looking through the list, and a families name stood out to me, the Salazar's.  We went immediately to there home and visited them!  Brother Salazar opened the door and was so happy to see us!  He let us in and we talked for awhile with him and his family. It turns out that only Sister Salazar is a member, but the rest of their family is not! Brother Salazar talked a lot about the Fort Collins Temple and how he wants to go in it.  He said they probably wouldn't let him in, but I reassured him that he could go in, it would just take a lot of work!  He laughed, and said that would be awesome! What an opportunity!  They invited us to dinner in two weeks, and we can't wait!  We are definitely praying to know what to teach them, we will need the Lord's guidance in order to know what will be best for them.  We also visited another less-active family, the Knocks.  We went to visit them, and they said to have us call them on Monday to schedule a return appointment.  Brother Knock is in a band, and is really hilarious!  I'm excited to get to know them and help them come back to church.  
         On Friday we had some growing experiences for Elder Kimball!  We cover three towns, part of Greeley, Eaton, and Ault.  We decided to go and visit all of the Less-Actives in Ault, and go tracting a bit.  We visited a few really old people, and they didn't feel comfortable having anyone in their home, so that was kind of sad....... but we kept trying.  One house we knocked was this man who looked very mean!  I told Elder Kimball this was his door.  The very rough looking man answered, Elder Kimball tried to start talking, but as soon as he started the man said "How about you just tell all ya'll to never come back, ever!"  Then he slammed the door.  When we walked off I just made sure Elder Kimball wasn't traumatized, but he took it awesome!  We were both just laughing about it afterwards and it was great.  Elder Kimball is an awesome missionary!  We wil, do so much good for this area, I just know it! 
         We had a member of the mission presidency visit our ward on Sunday!  President Goodell and his wife texted us Saturday night and asked if they could come, and asked for our building address and what time our church met at.  They came for our Ward Council meeting, and for all of church.  They challenged us to get to know all of the young men in our ward, and call them by name every single Sunday!  He said that being a good example for these young boys could really help them decide to serve a mission or not.  We got a list of all the young men in our ward yesterday so we can learn their names to start implementing this next week.  After Church, President Goodell pulled us aside and told us he heard some amazing things about us in High Priests Quorum, and to keep up the good work.  That made me happy that the ward already likes us and knows we're diligent missionaries!  I know that if we stay hard working and diligent missionaries, then it will open up teaching opportunities with people they know who would love to hear about the gospel.  
          I am so grateful that I am a missionary.  Elder Kimball and I were talking the other night, and he was saying how much happier he is now as a missionary than he was at home.  Isn't that so true!  There is a different kind of joy that is felt when you are on a mission, I can't really explain it, but I know that it is true!  I am so glad that I am striving to bless families with this wonderful Gospel that I know has blessed my family so much!  I love you guys so much, and hope you have a wonderful week!

Love, 

Elder Bailey


1. Snow Day

No comments:

Post a Comment