Tuesday, August 16, 2016

8/16/16 | Second week!

      It has been such a crazy week!  I can't believe I only have six more days in the MTC!  Time has been flying. So many things have happened in the past week the days are honestly starting to form together.  Lets start with last Tuesday nights devotional.  It was a an awesome devotional, and no one was expecting the speaker, Elder Anderson from the quorum of the twelve talked to us!  He talked to us about "hunting" for the opportune investigators on our missions.  It was incredible!  The spirit is so strong here in the MTC, it is the strongest I have ever felt it, and singing in the MTC choir has been such a blessing.  It has helped me stay focused and feel God's love for me.  Our devotional this past Sunday was by Brother Judd, he was a professor at BYU, a super cool guy, that was really in tune with the spirit.  He talked about pressing forward in the Gospel.  I'm just super excited for the devotional tonight, rumor is that Elder Holland is coming!  It is going to be such a blessing to hear from him.  Hopefully the rumors are true!

         Our classes these past few days have been pretty long but really helpful!  I feel like I have grown so much spiritually these past two weeks.  It is really awesome to see the changes that have happened in my life.  We have been teaching pretend investigators as well as some non-members, and the thing that has come easiest to me is getting to know the different aspects in their lives.  I think that it is a blessing from Heavenly Father to be good at this, everyone else in my district wonders how I feel so comfortable.  It has really helped me become a better preacher of the Gospel in the past few days.  I am so grateful for that. 

           The most eventful thing that happened this week was on my temple walk.  I saw the Judd's from our stake, they were so excited to see me. Sister Judd was so happy to send a picture to you guys!  Then I was walking back to the MTC, and I heard someone yell "Austin!"  I turned around to see Frank running at me with the biggest smile on his face!  It was so fun to catch up with him, he said Duke has been really hard, but he's loving it!  All of my district was in awe of him, it was hilarious.  I was glad I saw him.  It is so crazy to see all of the people I know here at the MTC. 

            Thanks for all the letters and packages that all of you have been sending me! I really appreciate the support, a lot of missionaries in my district do not get this much support from family and friends, and I couldn't be more grateful for that! Like in 1 Nephi 8:3, "...I have reason to rejoice in the Lord..."  I do have so many reasons to rejoice in my Savior, I love you all, and miss you!  

Love, 
Elder Bailey

P.S.
Going to the temple this morning at 5:30 was a fantastic experience as well.  Going to the temple is such a blessing, especially when you are cooped up in the MTC for this long everyday!  I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple.  I can't wait to have the Fort Collins, Colorado temple finished when I arrive in my mission soon!  (my companion didn't want to go, but I'm the Senior Companion, so I said we were going :)!) Love you guys!







No comments:

Post a Comment