Tuesday, August 9, 2016

8/9/16 | First Email!

There is so much that has happened in the last week!! I don't know if
I can explain it all but I'll try! Thanks everyone for all of the
support and love so far in the MTC! It's been such a blessing knowing
that I am being prayed for and being missed and home. Some Elders here
don't have such fantastic homes, families, and friends that love and
care about them! I'm one of the lucky ones that's for sure!

Let's start with my companion, his name is Elder Campbell, he is so
awesome!  He is very spiritual and loving in every study, practice
lesson, and class that we have. He's from Las Vegas, and his dad is
not a member but his mom received her endowments with him before going
on his mission. He has such an awesome testimony of the Gospel, it has
helped me a lot.  He's a little socially awkward..... But I bring it
out of him!

In my room theirs only four of us elders, there's usually six but we
got way lucky! It makes our room seem a lot bigger than it would have
otherwise.  We room with Elder Judd from Las Vegas and Elder Mickelson
from Grace, Idaho! We are all really good friends so far.  Our
district is pretty sweet at well!  We have eight Elders and four
sisters, four of us are going to Fort Collins, four to Gilbert, AZ and
the sisters are going to Charlotte NC, we have all become very close
and our classes are always very spiritual!

It has been a Lone Peak reunion here! My companion and district kinda
hat it when ever five minutes in saying hi and hugging somebody! I
have seen so many people I know, and every exercise time I play
basketball with Spencer White! In the MTC, we are all-stars! It is
honestly so fun to just destroy other people at basketball! It's
helped relieve some stress.

It has been pretty rough waking up at 6:30 every morning, I'm not
gonna lie! But I think staying strictly obedient has helped me so
much! At night when my room and district goes to bed, other than
elders are goofing around and being way noisy out in the hall. Some
nights are worse than others, but I can tell a huge difference. I feel
like my testimony and my ability to recognize the Spirit has been
tripled since I got here, every devotional, every class, being on
campus, everything is spiritual if you have your heart and mind in the
right place!

On Sunday we had an incredible devotional by President Matt Holland
about Joseph Smith, it was so awesome! And of course being a part of
the choir helped feel the spirit so much more! President Holland is
such a great speaker! We also went to the temple this morning, it is
such a neat experience being a missionary and attending the temple! I
loved every second of it!

It is weird to think that just week ago was my last night at home!
Being in the MTC is such a different atmosphere! I honestly forget
that I'm in Provo most the time! I am so grateful for the family and
friends that I have at home! Being supported has really helped me get
through those tough times in the first week!  I miss you and love you
guys a lot and have loved the dear elders I have gotten so far! Talk
to you guys next week!

-Elder Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment