Thursday, August 25, 2016

8/22/16 | Last week in the MTC!

 So to start off, Elder Holland was a rumor..... but we did have Sister Bonnie L. Oscarson speak to us!  She apologised for not being Elder Holland, so that was nice of her!  She spoke on how missions are the training ground for life.  I believe that this is so true!  All of these things I am learning in the MTC and what I will learn on my mission will help me be a better person, husband and father, and be a better brother and son to you guys!  She shared a scripture that was helped me a lot, Genesis 18:14, "Is anything too hard for the Lord?".  I challenge everyone who reads this to ponder this concept.  It has helped me understand many different things here in the MTC.  

         I also had a cool experience in class this past week.  Sister Nelson has been a good teacher, but sometimes she is kind of mean!  Which makes sense now.... I asked her in the middle of class how she was doing, and she almost started crying.  I guess she was going through a tough break-up.... So we all talked to her and she has been better.  Anyways, she bore her testimony in Japanese.  It was one of the strongest testimonies I have ever heard!  Even though I could only pick up a few words here and there, I could feel the spirit so strongly.  It was cool to see how the spirit speaks more through spirit to spirit, rather than language.  

          My other teacher, Brother Debeikes, shared a quote from Brigham Young that states, "The task ahead of me, is never as great as the power behind me."  I think that this will help me so much throughout my mission, especially through tough companions.  My teachers have taught me so much and have helped my testimony grow!  It is so cool to see my testimony grow everyday.

        This past sunday was a cool devotional as well.  It was by the Nashville Tribute Band, they are all LDS guys from Nashville, and they sing Gospel songs.  It was really funny because it was pretty much a country concert in the MTC!  We had the largest choir in MTC history too!  All 1,704 of us sang with them for some songs!  It was really cool! I am so glad that I decided to do the choir!  Elder Judd and I sing randomly throughout the day.  We are both pretty good if I do say so myself, but our companions are tone deaf...... They just come to the choir for moral support!  I love the guys in my room, and my district!  It is going to be weird leaving them soon. 

        Well I hope everyone had a great week this past week!  Love you guys! Thanks for the support!

-Love,    
Elder Bailey   









No comments:

Post a Comment