Monday, February 13, 2017

2/13/17 | Happy Valentines Day!

This week was awesome! It has been in the 70's most of theweek, so we had some really nice Tracting weather! First off,
Happy Birthday to Grandma Burr today, Randon on Wednesday, and GrandpaBailey on Thursday!  I love you guys so much and hope you have
wonderful birthdays!
Well let's start with Wayne.  It was a sad week for us, because Wayne got good enough
to move back into his sons house which was great!  His son lives in
Brush Colorado, and it is about an hour and a half from here.  It's
still in our mission, but way out of our area!  We had to refer him to
the Elders out there.  It was a bittersweet moment, because we loved
him so much!  Everything's okay though, because in the end it doesn't
really matter if we baptize him or if the other elders do.  All that
matters is his progression in the Gospel so that he can receive all
the blessings a loving Heavenly Father has for him!  We had a
scheduled lesson on Tuesday with him, and we were there for about five
minutes when Wayne's son walked in.  He was a very nice man, but he
kicked us out because they has visitors coming to see Wayne.  We tried
again on Wednesday and got to teach him!  In this last lesson with
him, we taught about the Word of Wisdom!  We explained to Wayne all
the things that go along with this, and how God loves us so much and
wants us to be healthy and happy!  He has had some trouble in the past
with this, but he really understands now why God gave us the Word of
Wisdom.  We asked if he would live the Word of Wisdom and he said yes!
 When we were going to leave and say bye to Wayne, he broke down and
started crying.  He told us how much he appreciated our friendship
with him, and truly loved how much we cared for his salvation! I am
going to miss Wayne, I love him so much!  I pray that he will continue
to progress until he is converted!  We took pictures with him so I'll
add those at the end!
             My first District Meeting went super well!  I focused on
Chapter 6 in Preach My Gospel Developing Christ-like attributes, and
we had a wonderful discussion on how developing these different
attributes help us as missionaries become more effective ministers.
If we strive to be more like Christ, people will notice a difference
in us.  A fantastic quote from this chapter perfectly explains how
these things can help us. "Christlike attributes are gifts from God.
They come as you use your agency righteously. Ask your Heavenly Father
to bless you with these attributes; you cannot develop them without
His help."  I know that if you all try to become more Christ-like,
Heavenly Father will help and bless you to become greater than you
could have ever become!
             We had some great experiences Tracting this week!  I'll
share the best ones.  Almost every door we knocked, two days in a row,
the people said they were devout in something (Christian, Buddhist,
Catholic, Roman Catholic, Community of Christ, etc), but the strangest
thing was that everyone was a little too nice.  Nobody was mean!  It
was worse then being yelled at I think....... but the main stories
came the third day we tracted.  We got some pretty hilarious
responses.  One man answered and was super happy, then he saw us and
started coughing and said, "I just had surgery, I can't talk right
now." Another guy said, "I have a sinuous infection, I don't have time
to talk."  We saw a lot of cars at his next house, and it looked like
a party going on.  We knocked and the grandma opened the door, and
said "We're having a family Birthday party right now, so how bout
ya'll scat!"  I tried wishing the person a happy birthday, just being
nice, but the grandma wouldn't have it..... It was pretty funny!  Well
all of these negative experiences were definitely weighed out by the
positive!  Like I said we ran into a lot of really nice people.  A
lady told us she wasn't interested, but said how nice and wholesome we
looked.  That made us pretty happy!  The main good experience we had
was with Ray.  He is a high school aged kid that answered and we had
such a great conversation!  We bore testimony of the Book Of Mormon
truthfulness, and invited him to read and pray about it.  He accepted!
 We will be following up with him this next week.  Honestly when we go
Tracting, we have no idea what we are going to run into, but sometimes
it works out!  I know that the Lord blesses us as we put forth the
effort to find His children to teach.
            We had our annual Windsor Stake Breakfast, and it was
awesome!  I got to meet our Stake President, President Packard, and we
had such a wonderful time at his house.  We discussed afterwards in
Helaman 5:5-14 about how important it is for us to remember what
Heavenly Father has given us, and that He always remembers us!  It was
pretty amazing.
            Our wards, along with half of our Stake, had a special
meeting this last Sunday regarding Ward boundaries at 6:00.  Our Stake
Center is the one next to the Fort Collins Temple, so I finally got to
see it in person!  I was so excited to finally have the opportunity to
see it, what a blessing! They split our ward, so now we cover the
Eaton and Peak View Wards.  Our area is HUGE!!  We cover almost up to
Wyoming, so there will be a lot of driving when we visit people up
there! It will be really awesome to go to two sacrament meetings each
Sunday, I can't wait!
            In my personal studies this week, I was reading in Alma
37, and in verses 38-47, it talks about the Liahona, and how it guided
Lehi and his family through the wilderness.  I don't know what it was,
but when I read this something clicked!  I imagined in our day having
a Liahona to guide us through the wilderness, and we do!  The Book Of
Mormon is our Liahona in our day.  I invite you all to not only read
Alma 37:38-47, but to really ponder it in your heart.  I know that if
you do, you will be able to understand how amazing the Book Of Mormon
really is!
            I love you guys so much!  I hope you all have an
absolutely amazing week, remember that Heavenly Father loves you so
much, and He wants us all to succeed and love Him back!  I also
decided that Mom, you're definitely my Valentine this year :). Love
you!

Love,

Elder Bailey




No comments:

Post a Comment