Wednesday, February 1, 2017

1/30/17 | Time is Flying!

Weeks are starting to feel like days flying by!  I can't believe I'm emailing home again.  It has been an incredible week this week!  So many things have happened.  We had some more amazing lessons with Wayne this week.  He is learning so well and he is so receptive!  Our lesson on Tuesday was awesome! He said he really enjoys reading the pamphlets we have given him, and he has been looking up the different study topics in the back to find answers to his questions on his own.  He has been praying, and reading the Book Of Mormon so much!  We taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and he really enjoyed our lesson.  He is learning so much. When we talked about Baptism, we invited Wayne to be Baptized on February 18th!  He accepted, and we explained why it was so important to be Baptized with the priesthood authority of God.  Our lesson on Thursday was incredible as well! We brought him a large-print copy of the Book Of Mormon because his glasses broke on him over the weekend.  Wayne said he had a dream about there being some revelations in our day that he was reading!  We were shocked when he said this, and we explained that those revelations in our day were the revelations given to Joseph Smith and modern day prophets in the Doctrine and Covenants.  The large-print copies only come in the triple-combination, so we explained to him about the Pearl of Great Price as well.  He seemed to feel at peace about all of them, he didn't have any trouble with it at all.  We taught him three of the commandments, Obedience, Pray Often, and Daily Scripture Study.  We talked to him after about how his prayer was going.  He said it was okay, then we asked if he felt like he was receiving answers to his prayers?  We then explained about how different people feel the Spirit in different ways.  We asked him if he would wait in a moment of silence, truly acting in faith to receive an answer to his prayers after he prayed.  He said he would, and then he told us how he feels the Spirit the strongest when we are there with him.  This made me really happy!  Inviting the Spirit into people's lives is the most vital thing we do as missionaries.  All we do is invite, and the Holy Ghost does the teaching.  I know this to be true! 
                We had the World-Wide Missionary Broadcast this past Tuesday, and I learned so much!  It was awesome to know that I was watching this broadcast with all of the other missionaries in the world!  We are all on the same team! I love it!  The theme was the same as last years, Teach Repentance, and Baptize Converts.  We learned so much from the missionary board!  Elder Oaks, Elder Bednar, Elder Anderson, and Sister Oscarson were present.  They spoke mainly about how we can become more effective teachers and missionaries in the Gospel.  Here are some quotes from Elder Bednar that really hit me.  "We just have to be as good as we can be, and God will magnify us so that we can become more than we could have ever become!"  "Revelation isn't always simple, sometimes it has to be worked for."  There was so much more that we learned that I wish I could include, but it would be pages! Overall, this Broadcast really set a new tone for me as a missionary.  I feel like I will be more effective and happier while I work harder, and apply the things I have learned from this.  I feel like as a missionary, I work hard, and feel like I'm super successful, then I learn something new and it makes me push harder and harder every single day, making me better than I was before!  I know this pattern will continue throughout my whole mission, and I can't wait to become the best me with my Heavenly Fathers help!
              We had a lot of success with less-actives this week!  We had dinner with the Shiver's and there missionary is getting home this week!  The dad hasn't been active for awhile, and we were really bold with him about how his son is going to whip him in shape when he gets home, so he might as well start now!  We invited him to church on Sunday and I know he'll want to come to prepare for his sons arrival!  We also visited the Lewis family on Friday.  We taught them a short lesson, and it went super well! We invited them to church, and Sister Lewis really wants to bring her family to church, but Brother Lewis is very hesitant.  Sister Lewis showed up with her son, but Brother Lewis got called into work.  We will get him to church, and hopefully get them sealed in the temple together!  That's the ultimate goal is to make our families eternal so that we can live with them forever! I can't wait to see them progress.
            Our area is still getting better each and every day!  Seeing success from our hard work is the best thing!   I know that if Elder Kimball and I continue to work our hardest, then we will be blessed for our efforts.  I hope you all have an amazing week!  Being a missionary is hard sometimes, but I know if I continue to work hard and endure those trials well, it makes all the difference! I love you guys so much, and hope you have an amazing week!

Love,

Elder Bailey

Colorado Sunsets 🌅

No comments:

Post a Comment